To promote the well-being of the community, to give voice to the concerns of its residents, to foster community spirit, and to keep residents informed and take appropriate action on matters of interest and concern to the Town of Beverly Shores
Our Accomplishments (A 10-year retropective of some of the things ABSR has done):
- New format and larger Sand Tracks.
- Monthly reporting of Town Council meetings.
- ABSR E-Mail tree.
- ABSR Website.
- Sponsoring of Candidate Nights, and special election issues of Sand Tracks during local election years.
- Special issue of Sand Tracks sent to all residents following the 2006 storm.
- Information and communication on recycling and household hazardous waste.
- Identified safest form of mosquito abatement, and encouraged the Town to initiate an abatement program that began in 2009.
- Ongoing monitoring for West Nile Virus.
- Conducted research on ground and surface water levels during the 2006-2009 years of high water; worked with the Town to propose a Hydrology Study from the National Parks/USGS issued in 2011.
- The Dark Skies Initiative – led education efforts and a fundraising campaign for the Town to convert all Town street lights to downward-shielded fixtures.
- Sponsored community hikes, including the Great Marsh restoration hike with INDU.
Community Programs (Program Committee)
- Easter Egg Hunt.
- Town Clean-up and Smelt Fry.
- Necktie 5K Walk and Run.
- Halloween Party.
- Holiday Hop.
- House Tour.
- The Beverlys and other spring events.
- Saturday youth education programs.
Contributions to the Park Board
- Rebora Plaza landscaping installation and annual maintenance.
- Lituanica Park warming hut repair and clean-up.
- Lituanica Park porta-potty.
- Shore Avenue beach stairs.
- Disc Golf Course at Lituanica Park.
Contributions to Dunes Woman’s Club
- Community House roof repair.
- Community House driveway repaving.
- Jack Gallagher Memorial Garden.
Contributions to the broader community / Town of Beverly Shores
- Beautification and annual maintenance of Four Corners at Beverly Drive & Broadway.
- Beautification of Route 12 and Lake Shore County Road.
- Administration Building landscape maintenance.
- Storm clean-up.
- Waste Transfer Station education.
- New Beverly Shores welcome signs.
Contributions to the Depot Museum and Gallery
- Annual donations to support staffing.
ABSR demonstrates month-by-month and year-by-year that it takes a community of giving and committed volunteers working together to achieve the amazing things we accomplish every year in Beverly Shores.